We want you to be 100% happy with the items you purchase from us and we understand that online shopping doesn't always go to plan.
If you‘re not happy with your new items from Island Lace, we‘ve made it as easy as possible for you to return the item/s back to us. Please first check our returns policy below to see whether your item/s are eligible for a return. If they are eligible, you can follow the instructions below:
How do I return my item?
- Print and fill out the returns form available via the link below. If you don't have access to a printer, then a hand written note with your name, order number and brief explanation is fine.
- Once we receive and process your return (please note, processing may take up to 5 business days) , we will then issue you with a store credit in the form of an e-gift card. Details will be emailed to you once your return has been processed. Please ensure you keep an eye on your junk folder too.
- You can use your credit at any time on our website to purchase a replacement or alternative. Please kindly note, store credits unfortunately do not cover postage costs.
You can download a returns form below:
Where do I return my item to?
Please post your item to the address below:
ISLAND LACE (ATTN: RETURNS)
154 Landbeach Blvd,
Butler WA 6036
All items, excluding clearance or sale items, can be returned for a store credit (issued in the form of an e-gift card) within 14 days of receiving your returned parcel. Unfortunately we do not offer direct exchanges due to the fast turnover of our stock; we cannot guarantee that we will have the style and size you need at the time of they return. You can use your store credit to purchase a replacement or alternative at your convenience.
You don't need to contact us prior to returning your parcel, simply fill out the Returns Form included with your order and send it back to us within 14 days. Please ensure that your item/s is eligible for a return first via the Returns Eligibility Criteria below. If you return an ineligible item/s back to us, unfortunately we will need to send them back to you at your own cost.
Returns Eligibility Criteria:
The following criteria must be met for an item/s to be eligible for return:
- Must be returned within 14 days of receiving your parcel
- Must be new, unworn and unwashed with all original tags attached
- Must not be a sale or clearance item
- Must not have any dirty marks, fake tan marks or makeup marks
- Must not smell of perfume, deodorant, body odour, cosmetics or washing powder
- Must not be swimwear, bodysuits or earrings due to hygiene reasons
Please also ensure you include our Returns Form in your returned parcel.
We will carefully inspect all returned items upon receipt - any returns which fail to comply with the criteria above will be sent back to you at your own cost.
Who pays for return postage?
The cost of returning an item/s is at the customer's expense. Unfortunately, we cannot refund or credit the cost of return postage UNLESS your item was faulty or incorrect (due to Island Lace's fault). In this case, we will cover the cost of your return postage.
We will not process returns until your item is physically received by us. Tracking for your returned parcel is not sufficient for returns processing; we need to physically inspect the item/s returned before processing your return and store credit. We still recommend that you keep a copy of your tracking number as we are not responsible for parcels lost in transit to us.
Refund and Exchange Policy:
We happily offer a store credit for returns. In compliance with Australian Consumer Law, Island Lace is not required to provide a refund if you make a wrong selection, need a different size, have not read item descriptions or change your mind; regardless of whether you want to make another purchase in future or not.
If there is a major fault with the style you've purchased, we will offer to repair or replace it where possible. If we cannot repair or replace the style, we will offer a store credit or a refund. All claims for faulty items are assessed on an individual basis and the outcome is at Island Lace's discretion. If a refund is deemed necessary by Island Lace, the refund will be processed back to the original payment method used to place the order. If you have used a combination of store credit/e-gift card and card/PayPal/AfterPay etc, then your credit note will be re-issued and your gap payment refunded to the original payment method.
Our store credits have no expiry date for your convenience. You will be provided with a store credit (issued in the form of an e-gift card) less the cost of any postage you paid when placing your original order (if postage was applicable).
What cannot be returned?
- Any items purchased on Sale or Clearance are final and cannot be returned to us (subject to your rights under Australian Consumer Law). Any Sale or Clearance items which are returned to us, will be returned back to you at your own expense.
- All items which fail to comply with our Returns Eligibility Criteria above.
What if my item is faulty?
If you believe your item/s has a fault, please email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving your request, we will handle this with high priority and arrange the best possible course of action.
Please note that while very effort is made to accurately display the colour of our item/s, due to the variance in computer monitors, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will be 100% accurate. This is not considered a faulty item. If the colour is not exactly as you were expecting, we are happy for you return the item/s to us for a store credit; providing they meet the Returns Eligibility Criteria above.
How does my return work if I paid with AfterPay?
Returns using any 'buy now pay later' provider still remain subject to Island Lace's returns policy.
When Island Lace receives the item/s and accepts your return, we will issue a store credit for the total value of the item/s returned. This has no effect on your payments with AfterPay. Your agreement with AfterPay will still stand and you will continue to pay any scheduled repayments.
If your item happened to be faulty and you are eligible for a refund, your refund will go directly to AfterPay and your scheduled payments will be adjusted accordingly by them.
For more information on terms and conditions, visit Afterpay's website or contact them on 1300 100 729.
If you are still unsure about anything, please contact customer service via email email@example.com for further assistance.